It is possible that you may, someday, find yourself a little bored at some point in our regular Sunday service. Fret not! You could turn in your Prayerbook to page 880 and read the fascinating description of how we figure out when Easter comes. Turn the page and you will find a handy chart telling you the date of Easter from 1900 (which always confounded me in a Prayerbook that was published in 1976!) until 2089 (kind of a random date on its own).
Theoretically, Easter could be as early as March 22nd (which hasn’t happened
since before 1900) or as late as April 25, which will happen in 2038, the only time it is that late in two centuries.
Bored yet? Our Lenten Programs will save you!
Prepare your Ballots! Join us for the unmitigated fun that is Lent Madness.
Vote for your favorite Saints in this head to head competition. (This year the Rector is rooting for Kateri Tekakwitha — More about her later!) Click above for all the details.
- Ash Wednesday is 10 February 2016: Services will be held at 6:00 AM, Noon, and 7:00 PM. Ashes will also be available by appointment any time between those hours. Just give a call to 443-752-0573 and I will be ready to meet you when you can be there.
- Our Lenten Study Program, “The Babylonian Captivity,” will be offered Wednesdays at Noon in the Maryan Room (with Noonday Prayers and a salad lunch) for five weeks beginning 17 February 2016 through 16 March 2016. The program will be repeated on Saturdays at 10:00 AM, 20 February 2016 through 19 March 2016.
- Holy Week begins on Palm Sunday, 20 March 2016, with additional these
- Tenebrae on Wednesday at Noon and 7:00 PM
- Maundy Thursday at Noon (New!) and 7:00 PM
- Good Friday at Noon and7:00 PM